Here’s how it Works:
Our knowledgeable team at Alltmont’s Fine Custom framing will:
- Help you design your framing project
- Cut your mat, glass and join your wood frame (and teach you how to join a metal frame if that is your selection)
- Work with you as you assemble your frame at our shop
- Have fun
- Complete your framing project in as little as an hour
- Save up to 20% by learning to assemble and complete your framing project yourself
Alltmont’s Fine Custom Framing has a large selection of in-stock metal and wood frame moulding and acid free mat colors to choose from. If you don’t find what you are looking for from our in-stock selection, we also offer thousands of moulding and mat choices that can be custom ordered for your project. With your budget in mind, our talented and friendly staff help you select a framing design that complements and preserves your art.
The design process can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or more depending on the number of pieces you are framing and how complex your project is.
In Do-it-Yourself, the team at Alltmont’s Fine Custom Framing takes care of all the difficult parts, including cutting your mat, backing, glass and frame. We join your wood frame for you. Then you assemble the materials using the work tables and tools in our shop with guidance from our team.
Do-it-yourself projects can usually be done in one visit provided the materials you've chosen are in stock. Mats and frames can be cut in less than an hour. On busy days, we may require extra time to prep your materials. If your materials need to be ordered, we will arrange a date and time for you to return once everything is prepped – usually no more than a week is needed for do-it-yourself non-in-stock material orders.
Once the design is completed, we cut the frame and, if it is a wood frame, join it for you. While the frame is being joined, we also cut your glass, mats and backing using high-tech state-of-the-art framing equipment including our Wizard computerized mat cutter.
An Alltmont’s Fine Custom Framing team member will then show you:
- How to hinge your artwork into the mat and backing
- How to clean the glass or acrylic and check it for dust
- How to fasten the mat, glass and backing into the frame
- How to put a paper dust cover on the back of the frame
- How to attach the hanging hardware
With our assistance, you can have a custom cut mat and frame ready to take home and hang on your walls in no time at a significant savings.
Of course, if you'd rather not do it yourself, we also offer custom framing custom framing. Turn around time on custom framing is usually two weeks. Rush custom framing is also available.
Do you have a question about Do-It-Yourself framing? Click here to reach one of our team members.